Synergy Percussion represents a world of sound with percussion at its heart. The current group, under the direction of Timothy Constable, continues a journey that began 35 years ago, touching audiences with the beauty and expressive diversity of percussion today.
With an enviable international reputation as one of Australia’s finest and most versatile music projects, Synergy has performed at festivals throughout Europe, Asia and the United States as well as most of Australia’s mainstage recital and performance venues.
Highlights of the past year include:
• performance of the complete Pleiades by Iannis Xenakis at City Recital Hall Angel Place on 8 June, continuing Synergy’s exploration of the giants of contemporary percussion composition
• development of Master of Music / Professional Performers’ Program in partnership with Australian National University in Canberra
• commissioning of two new works for choir and percussion ensemble by Christopher Gordon and Graeme Leak
• the Australasian premiere of Steve Reich’s Mallet Quartet at Sydney’s City Recital Hall Angel Place
• performance of Live House 4 concert at St Stephens Church with one of Australia’s finest improvising musicians,
Visit our website for more information