Taikoz fosters a family-friendly environment and children of all ages are welcome to begin their taiko journey with us. Bachi Club is for children and young adults between the ages of 11 and 16. The curriculum runs over the course of four 8-week terms and focuses on learning a variety of taiko playing styles, technique, complex rhythms and musical independence.
In Bachi Club, we focus on:
- Integrating movement of the bachi drumsticks, arms and body
- Good sound production
- Developing a solid sense of rhythm
- Breath control
Key learning points are:
- Studying a variety of traditional taiko styles
- Learning the accompanying kuchi shoga (taiko rhythm vocals)
- Learning and practicing a musical composition
- Practicing pieces called renshu that involve specific musical and technical challenges
- Developing general musicianship
- Learning about aspects of Japanese culture and taiko history
Bachi Club members also have the opportunity to perform at our annual Australian Taiko Academy concert.
PLEASE NOTE: The Full fee is the standard price to book into this class for those aged 14 to 18. The Concession fee is only applicable where more than one sibling from the same family is attending this class (aka Sibling Discount). In the case of a Sibling Discount, the first sibling pays the Full fee and the subsequent siblings pay the Concession fee.
** Taikoz is registered for Creative Kids and welcomes the use of the vouchers to contribute towards course fees. If you wish to apply a Creative Kids voucher, please type the words CREATIVE KIDS into the Discount Code box at check out, and then forward the actual CREATIVE KIDS voucher number to email@example.com with the email heading of "Creative Kids Voucher for [Name of Student]".