Audio Production Touring Rider
This is a specific list of audio requirements for the performance of the work Chi Udaka for touring in 2016-17.
Taikoz provide four radio lapel kits for our shakuhachi and shinobue (Japanese flute) player, and two vocalist/singers.
In addition, Taikoz will also require (request venue to supply):
- 1x DPA 4099C instrument clip microphone (or similar) for amplifying the ‘cello
- 4x Crown PCC160 PZM plate mics (please advise if unable to source any of
- these, can be brought with audio engineer)
- 2x DPA 4052 omni choir/overhead mics (or equivalent, to be flown from a bar
- above stage if possible)
- 1x Sennheiser e902 bass drum mic (or similar, otherwise Taikoz can provide)
- for the odaiko (big drum)
- 2x Røde NT5 (or similar instrument condensers) for the metallophones (Taikoz
- can provide round base gooseneck stands)
- 1x Shure SM58/B58A as offstage/spare mic
- 2x tall boom mic stands
- 2x short boom mic stands
- 6 ch stage box to upstage riser
- 2x short round base, goose neck stands (Taikoz can provide if necessary)
- 16 ch multicore (standard copper lines) to FOH console) and all mic leads for
- Allen & Heath QU16/24/32 digital audio console (please advise if unable to
- source, Taikoz can tour this console)
- Four foldback monitors, each on separate sends:
- 2x monitors on stage, for ‘cello and shakuhachi (prompt side MS)
- 2x as side-fill on stage, DS OP and PS corners
Sound technician to install and oversee system for bump-in
• PA capable of clear coverage to entire auditorium
• TZ will provide stereo out from console; any matrix to LCR/sub etc to be available from venue
• Allen & Heath Q16 digital console (Taikoz can supply) *prefer to mix in auditorium if possible*
• 16 ch Multicore and power from stage to console
• 6ch stage box from upstage riser to multicore, and all mic leads for patching • 4x foldback monitors, all on separate sends: 2x placed DSOP & DSPS for side fill, 2x onstage as per stage plot
• Comms from SM console to lighting/audio/mechanist/front of house - Comms to be supplied by venue
Crew requirements from the venue
Lighting Tech (for bump-in and out), and Sound Technician (for bump-in and out) Head Mechanist/Duty Technician from the commencement of the bump-in until bump-out of show.
Stage Manager (if not already provided).
Taikoz Audio operator Craig Greening will operate audio for all rehearsals and show call.
Bump in, lighting focus/plot and sound-check should take 8 hours, during which production technical rehearsal will take place on stage.
Taikoz requires 4 (or 2) soloist dressing rooms (for 4PAX); 3 chorus dressing room (for 12 PAX: 4 male; 2 female; 6 female); Use of a production office if possible would be appreciated for production staff; Use of an iron and ironing board
Touring Performers and Crew
Chi Udaka comprises 20 members: 16 performers, audio engineer, operator, company manager and stage manager.